2. 7. 2016.

Don't be like this samurai



Have you heard the story about the samurai and the wiseman?

Listen... (I mean read...)

Once upon a time, there lived a wiseman in Japan. People from far and near would visit him to ask for wisdom about life.

One day, a famous samurai came to visit the wiseman.

"I am a great warrior. I have come today to ask you to teach me wisdom. Open my mind to enlightenment, master."  

The wiseman smiled and said that they should discuss it over a cup of tea.

As they sat down, the wiseman poured the samurai a cup.

He poured and he poured, but didn't stop. As the tea rose to the rim, it began to spill over the table.


The samurai shouted "Stop! You are spilling the tea everywhere. Can't you see the cup is full, old man?"

The wiseman stopped pouring, and smiled at his guest.

"You are like this tea cup. So full of yourself that nothing more can be added. Come back to me when your cup is empty, because there is nothing I can teach you."

The samurai ran out and never returned.

Now, here's my question:

Are you like this samurai? Is your cup full?

Нема коментара :

Постави коментар